Friday, August 29, 2008

Traffic Hawaldar for a day


Yogesh has given the good overview of the traffic event held this Tuesday….I would like to add few more incidents that I have experienced …
There were 8 of us who were there at yerwada bridge at 9 AM on Tuesday.

It was a pleasant cloudy day.Avdhut and Amruta (founder of this event)carrying Banners with smiling faces. Tarun-- the new member joined the team.Yogesh D&B ,Alok and Sam were looking awesome in the dress code that was White t-shirt and blue jeans.All the banners were handed over to the team . The one which I received was of Zebra crossing.
Everyone took their position with their respective banners. I took my position
Initially I could see that the truck drivers really stopped before zebra crossing but the educated public not and did not even bother to look at the boards..One man acting too smart crossed by and said”Madam aap chahe ghade ko dikhaoo ya ghodeko public nahin samjhegi”. I was a bit upset. Then a school bus stopped at the signal and all the kids where shouting as keep it up Aunty with thumbs up, that treated me as energy booster. Bus fir kya tha mein ban gayi Jhansi ki rani, haan lekin meine bachoo ko kaha AUNTY MUT KAHO NAA, hahaheheh--:-)-(Just kidding)
I realized the banner that I was holding is not to stand at one place ,but instead to roam from one signal to other . I became an lady bheem aur dikhaya public ko ki “Rules are to Follow and not to break”. Finally I was able to manage the traffic at zebra crossing .
One of the wonderful incident that I would like to share is , as I was roaming from signal to signal ,by the time I reach the signal it turned red and all the vehicles stopped before I reached there. One uncle I guess 50+ was in his car and he crossed the zebra crossing so I asked him Uncle please take ur car back ,u have crossed the z crossing please obey the rules and he replied back saying I don’t know English ,please explain me in hindi . I repeated the same statement in hindi. He said aacha aacha mein peeche jaooo.i said haan uncleji peeche thodi jagah hai aap peeche jaaeyen zebra crossing per aapki car hai..and what…. he did not even bother to see how much is the place behind and he took reverse and hit the bike .. fir kya tha .bikewala aaya aur uncleji ko laga dantne… OH My God !!!!
Uncleji ne kaha aaray baba yeh beetiya ne kaha peeche lo toe meine liya….Oh my god everyone there started laughing ,it was really hilarious..
After due course of time all the public started following the z crossing .It was good to see that Public were really respecting and responding well .One hour passed quickly.
Sam took few photographs which shows the difference in the traffic before and after.
Overall experience was Fantabulous
An Astounding achievement!!!!! Stupefying impact of public was dazzling.
Spandan Rocks!!!!
Cheers for SPANDAN, hip hip hurray!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!